Tuesday 28 April 2020

Tuesday April 28th

As you may know one of my least favorite photos are ones of electrical lines. However, for the line assignment I suspect I will get a few photos of them, so I will give you some information about how electrical lines have affected people in the Urban Landscape as well as in more remote places.

If you have ever driven  up north or out west, your vision is often being divided by power lines. This article Reclaiming Visual Stewardship in Tucson, Arizona: Is It Possible? by Ellen Barth Alstar, a Landscape Architect,  is trying to reclaim the views and think of aboveground electrical lines as Land Art.


 “What do we really expect from a power line structure? Is it only a technical necessity, an object of design excellence or a piece of land art?”

She goes on to propose that the the Urban Landscape has invade the Sonoran Dessert. For her study she brings in images from California and the UK

where they have taken this battle to heart.




I personally think it makes a big difference. And maybe the reason I don't like them is because I can not see around them. They are blocking my view. But I guess if I thought of it as art it would not be so bad. 


My photos.